UIS offers the Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and a minor for non-Chemistry majors.
A UIS student works in the chemistry lab Students who major in Chemistry may opt for:
- Standard concentration
- Biochemistry concentration
- Pre-Med concentration
- Science of the environment concentration
- American Chemical Society certification
Students can also graduate with honors in chemistry if they meet the prescribed requirements for honors in chemistry.
Anyone who is interested in majoring in Chemistry is strongly advised to Contact the Department to speak with a faculty advisor.
Goals for our graduates :
A B.S. Chemist from UIS will be characterized as being able to:
- Integrate chemical knowledge
- Perform appropriate laboratory skills
- Communicate scientific information
- Apply the scientific process
- Participate in the chemical profession