The University of Illinois Springfield is committed to excellence in a learning environment enriched by diverse experiences, cultures, and perspectives.
Dedication to diversity is part of the fabric of our university and integral to our vision of becoming one of the best small public liberal arts universities in the nation.
Chancellor Richard Ringeisen
Chancellor Ringeisen retired effective October 31, 2010.
Ringeisen honored during reception
On Monday, September 27, 2010, the University of Illinois Board of Trustees and President and Mrs. Michael J. Hogan honored Dr. Ringeisen for his leadership in guiding the Springfield campus over the past decade.
Ringeisen given Emeritus designation
September 23, 2010: The University of Illinois Board of Trustees passed a resolution designating Richard D. Ringeisen as Chancellor Emeritus of the University of Illinois Springfield.
The chancellor will retire effective October 31, 2010. Current UIS Provost Harry Berman will serve as Interim Chancellor effective November 1, 2010.
- View the slides that accompanied the chancellor’s presentation.
- Watch video on demand of the entire convocation ceremony.
Illinois Springfield becomes full member of NCAA Division II
New president of the University of Illinois announced
- News Story + Video
- Photos from Springfield event
- Video of Springfield event
- News release
- Statement from Board of Trustees
UIS Chancellor Ringeisen Set to Retire
- News release
- Watch a video of the press conference
- Career highlights
- Selected list of accomplishments 2001 – 2010
- Slide Show of Dr. and Mrs. Ringeisen
- Chancellors and presidents of UIS-SSU
- Chancellor Ringeisen’s biography
- Remarks and presentations
- Moving Forward: Thoughts on the University of Illinois at Springfield, Higher Education, and Other Items of Interest (Chancellor Ringeisen’s Blog from 2006 to 2008)
Planning and administration:
- UIS Administration
- UIS Strategic Plan
Report on sexual orientation and gender
– Chancellor’s statement in support