- Choose a Major
- College of Education and Human Services
- Resources for EHS Students
- Title II Reports
Title II Reports
Title II of the 1998 Amendments to the Higher Education Reauthorization Act imposes accountability expectations on institutions of higher education that prepare teachers and the states in which they operate. The law establishes a three-tier reporting system.
- Each teacher training institution is required to submit specific information about its programs and program assessment results to the state in which it is located and to various publics. The Annual Institutional Reports are due April 7, 2008.
- Each state must report to the U.S. Department of Education and to the citizens of the state regarding teacher education polices and results. The Illinois State Report Card is to be filed by October 10, 2008.
- The Secretary of Education must use the separate state responses in the development of a report to the Congress on teacher preparation. The congressional report is due in April 2009.