Skip to main content

University of Illinois Springfield

Utility links

UIS Links

Office of Advising Services, Information, and Support University of Illinois Springfield



Declaring a Major

You probably indicated a possible major when you applied to UIS. Your major discipline shows on your Degree Audit Reports (DARS for students). At the point when you determine what you want to major in, you must formally declare your major choice. Students wishing to change their major must consult with an advisor. Students should schedule a meeting with an Advising Center advisor or a college professional advisor.

Your Advising Center advisor or peer advisor will provide you with the Change of Curriculum form that must be completed, signed and submitted to the Registrar’s office for recording. Once your major choice is officially recorded, your major program will be notified and you will be assigned a faculty advisor in that program. You and your Advising Center academic advisor will also complete a Transition to Major form to let your faculty advisor know which General Education and major pre-requisite and core courses you have already completed. Your faculty advisor will continue to guide you through your collegiate career and graduation.

All UIS student must have an officially recorded major choice by the time they complete 72 credits hours. Schedule a meeting with the Advising Center academic advisor for assistance choosing a major. The Career Development Center also has resources including assessment and aptitude inventories to enhance your exploration.

Leadership lived


University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407



Connect with us:

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.