FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
The University of Illinois at Springfield
Admissions Questions and Helpful Forms
- What is Tuition at UIS?
Check our tuition rates.
- I have applied, how can I check my status?Students who have applied online can check your application status online.
- I have applied but need to start during a different semester than the one for which I applied, what do I need to do? Applicants can defer their Application for Admission to UIS if they wish to attend a different semester than the one for which they applied. Students need to submit the deferral form prior to the start of the term for which they applied in order to avoid reapplication. Students may defer their application for up to one year before it is necessary to reapply for admission.
- I would like to apply for admission, but need an application fee waiver. Application fees may be waived in certain cases. Fill out and submit the Application Fee Waiver Form to be considered.
- I applied online but did not pay the application fee at that time, how can I pay it now? Once your online application has been submitted, you can no longer pay the application fee online. You should call our office to pay it over the phone with a credit card or mail a check to our office. Please include your name and date of birth with the check so that we can match it to your application.
- I have been admitted, what do I do next? Please refer to your admission packet for next steps. If you do not have that yet or have misplaced it, download a new list.
Transfer Admits Graduate Admits
- I have been accepted as a student and submitted my deposit, what do I do next? Please refer to the Accepted Student Checklist for next steps.
- The application for admissions asks for a Criminal Disclosure statement — what is the process?
- I have been taking course as a Non-Degree Seeking Student but have reached my limit, what do I do to continue taking courses? You must fill out a Non-Degree Declaration Form to continue as a Non-Degree Seeking Student or you must apply for a degree program.
- I just have a few questions but don’t need a full visit, can I make an appointment to talk with an Admissions Counselor? Appointments and Individual Visits can be arranged by calling the Office of Admissions.
- I would like to have some information about admission to UIS sent to me, who do I contact? Please contact the Office of Admission and we will be happy to send you information.
- What is the mailing address for the Office of Admissions?Office of Admissions
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB 1080
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
- What is the phone number for the Office of Admissions? Call us at 217-206-4847 or 888/977-4847.
- What are the hours for the Office of Admissions? We are open Monday – Friday, 8:30-5 p.m.
In-State & Out-of-State Regulations
Contact the Admissions department at 217/206-4847 for more information about in-state and out-of-state residency requirements.
Faculty/Staff reporting requests are now handled by Information Technology Services. If you have a report request, please complete the request form found at http://www.uis.edu/informationtechnologyservices/services/.