We have over 100 donors who generously provide scholarship support for students, starting with RoseMarie Roach who gave the university’s first endowed scholarship in 1978. Each donor has his or her reasons for giving, but all donors do so with a vision for the tremendous good that education can do for students and society. You can find stories of some of our donors in the list at left.
Here are three stories of donors whose scholarships qualify for the 1:1 match program.
- HARRY AND DEBORAH BERMAN continue commitment to UIS through scholarships
- KAREN HASARA is proudly investing in students’ dreams
- PAMELA MCCLELLAND strengthens her current scholarship with a match
- PAULA (POLLY) AND LOU MYERS add an Access Illinois scholarship to their philanthropy
- BRAD AND JENNIFER WARD , youngest scholarship donors with a match