University of Illinois Springfield
Welcome to the University of Illinois Springfield.
Every year, approximately 5,000 students enroll to earn a U of I degree where classes are small and professors really know their students.
At a Glance
Quick Facts About UIS:
- Enrollment: About 5,137, including about 2,025 Graduate Students
- Calendar: Semester
- Average Class Size: 15
- Colleges: Business and Management, Education and Human Services, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Public Affairs and Administration
- Degree Programs: 23 bachelor’s degree programs and 25 minors; 20 master’s degree programs; one doctoral degree
- Research Funding: Approximately $7 million annually
- Faculty: Approximately 218 full-time faculty. The faculty to student ratio is 1:12
- History: Established in 1969 as Sangamon State University by the Illinois General Assembly. On July 1, 1995, became a campus of the University of Illinois, thereafter known as the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- Location: Southeast side of Springfield, Illinois, near Lake Springfield. Approximately 200 miles southwest of Chicago and 100 miles northeast of St. Louis.
- Campus: 746 acres