If a student has an overdue outstanding financial obligation owed to the College, the financial obligation must be paid in full before the student can register. The College reserves the right to restrict or withhold registration privileges, processing of financial assistance, transcripts, or enrollment status information for any individual who has an unpaid financial obligation.
FACTS Deferred Tuition Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, South Suburban College is pleased to offer FACTS as a convenient budget plan. FACTS is a tuition management plan that provides you with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and other educational expenses. It is not a loan program; therefore, you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check. The only cost to budget monthly payments through FACTS is a $25.00 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee. The enrollment fee is automatically deducted within 14 days of the day the agreement is posted to the FACTS system.
How FACTS Works
You may budget your tuition and fees one of two ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) – ACH payments are those payments you have authorized FACTS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at South Suburban College. Payment may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance due the College is paid in full.
- Credit Card Option – Many students and families have requested the option of charging their monthly tuition payment to Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. This enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card company. If you elect to budget your educational expenses by using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card, your credit card will automatically be charged on the 5th of each month. The payment amount is specified on the FACTS Agreement and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
For more information or to sign up for FACTS, please visit the FACTS Payment Plan page, or contact the Business and Accounting Services Office at (708) 596-2000 ext. 2216.
Wondering How Much College Might Cost? Try the Net Price Calculator
New students must also add a $20 first time registration fee.
The Board of Trustees of South Suburban College reserves the right to adjust or change tuition and fees without notice, if circumstances warrant. For the most up to date tuition and fee costs, please check the current term schedule.
Instructional fees (tuition) for Credit and Credit-Equivalency Courses:
- In-District: $120.00 per credit hour
- Special Residency* : $155.00 per credit hour
- Out-of-District: $318.00 per credit hour
- Out-of-state/Foreign: $373.00 per credit hour
Student Development Fee (Required of all students enrolled in college-credit courses.)
1 - 99.9 semester hours (There is no maximum): $7.75 per hour
Instructional Technology Fee
1 - 99.9 semester hours (There is no maximum): $10.00 per hour
Special Course Fees
Charges in addition to those listed are required for certain courses and programs to partially offset cost of extraordinary supplies or exceptional services. These are listed with course descriptions in the current course schedule.
$10.00 per course
- All official transcripts are issued by the Registrar's Office of South Suburban College. The official transcript will display the college's tri-colored seal, and are signed by the Registrar. Transcripts are mailed out within three (3) business days of date received.
The cost is $5 per transcript.
Evaluation Program (ECEP) evaluation $8.00 per credit hour
Implemented in 1988, the Chicago Regional Program provides Chicago residents with an opportunity to enroll in specific programs not offered by the local city colleges at a special tuition rate. Career programs include, but are not limited to, Computer Aided Design, Electronics Technology, and Paralegal. Chicago residents can take advantage of classes geared toward these career programs for only $155 per credit hour. To be eligible, Chicago residents must sign an affidavit stating they intend to take a class which applies toward South Suburban College's special program roster. A complete program roster is available at the College's Admissions & Registration Center.
Lake County, Indiana Residents and Employees
A special tuition rate for residents of Lake County, Indiana was implemented in early 1990 and revised in 2011. Through this program, eligible residents, and those employed in Lake County, Indiana may enroll in classes for only $155 per credit hour, plus all other incidental fees. Call the Admissions and Registration Center for more information.
Illinois Residents who are not residents of South Suburban College District 510 are charged a nonresident fee of $198 per credit hour in addition to the regular tuition fee of $120 per credit hour charged to resident students, or a total of $318 per credit hour. Under the terms of the Illinois Public Community College Act, students who are not residents of District 510 may be entitled to have the nonresident fee paid by the community college district in which they reside. Those who do not reside in Community College District 510 should check with their local community college at least 30 days prior to time of enrollment.
Special Tuition Programs and Scholarships
South Suburban College offers several tuition programs and scholarship opportunities to eligible students.
For more information, contact Registration, (708) 596-2000 ext. 2328 or 2384.