The College has arranged Cooperative agreements with neighboring community colleges to provide opportunities for students to enroll in career programs not offered at SSC at the in-district tuition rate. Under the provisions of these Cooperative agreements, programs for study in districts other than those specified in these contractual agreements cannot be authorized.
Students seeking to enroll in career programs for study in districts other than those specified under the provisions of these Cooperative agreements, must contact the Dean of Student Development to have a Chargeback approved prior to enrolling in the program. The Chargeback will stipulate the approved programs or courses the student will be allowed to take at the in-district rate.
All requests for permission to attend another college under a Cooperative agreement or Chargeback must be submitted at least 30 calendar days prior to the required registration date. No Cooperative agreements or Chargebacks will be approved retroactively. The in-district rate of tuition shall apply only to coursework required for the program of study approved between the cooperating colleges. Those schools include:
|School||Address||Contact Phone No.|
|Blackhawk College||6600 34th Avenue Moline, IL 61265-5899||(309) 796-5000
|Carl Sandburg College||2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd. Galesburg, IL 61401||(309) 341-5230|
|Danville Area Community College||2000 East Main Street Danville, IL 61832-5199||(217) 443-8800|
|Elgin Community College||1700 Spartan Drive Elgin IL 60123-7193||(847) 214-7226|
|Heartland Community College||1500 W. Raab Road Normal, IL 61761||(309) 268-8000|
|Highland Community College||2998 W. Pearl City Rd Freeport, IL 61032||(815) 235-6121|
|Illinois Central College||1 College Drive East Peoria, IL 61635-0001||(309) 694-5100|
|Illinois Valley Community College||815 North Orlando Smith Ave Oglesby, IL 61348||(815) 224-2720|
|John Wood Community College||1301 S. 48th Street Quincy, IL 62305||(217) 224-6500|
|Joliet Junior College||1215 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431||(815) 729-9020|
|Kankakee Community College||P.O. Box 888, River Road Kankakee, IL 60901||(815) 933-0345|
|Kaskasia College||27210 College Road Centralia, IL 62801||(618) 545-3030|
|Kishwaukee Community College||21993 Malta Road Malta, IL 60150-9699||(815) 825-2086|
|Lake Land College||5250 Shepard Road Springfield, IL||(217) 786-2243|
|Lewis and Clark Community College||5800 Godfrey Road Godfrey, IL. 62036||(618) 468-5001|
|Lincoln Land Community College||5250 Shepard Road Box 19256 Springfield, IL 62794-9256||(800) 727-4161
TDD (217) 786-2798
|McHenry County College||8900 U.S. Highway 14 Crystal Lake, IL 60012-2761||(815) 455-8530|
|Moraine Valley Community College||10900 South 88th Avenue Palos Hills, IL 60465||(708) 974-4300|
|Morton College||3801 South Central Avenue Cicero, IL 60804||(708) 656-8000|
|Prairie State College||202 South Halsted Street Chicago Heights, IL 60411||(708) 709-3500|
|Rend Lake College||468 North Ken Grey Parkway Ina, IL 62846||(618) 437-5321|
|Richland Community College||1 College Park Decatur, IL 62521-8513||(217) 875-7200|
|Rock Valley College||3301 N. Mulford Road Rockford, IL 61114||(815) 921-7821
|Sauk Valley Community College||173 IL. Rt. 2 Dixon, IL 61021||(815) 288-5511
Fax (815) 288-1880
|Southwestern Illinois College||2500 Carlyle Avenue Belleville, IL 62221||(618) 222-5246|
|Spoon River College||23235 North County Rd. 22 Canton, IL 61520||(309) 647-4645
|Waubonsee Community College||Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive Sugar Grove, IL 60554-9454||(630) 466-7900|
Additional information about Cooperative agreements and Chargebacks may be obtained from the office of the Dean of Student Development.
Residents of South Suburban College District #510 seeking authorization for a Cooperative agreement or Chargeback to attend a program at another college must complete the following steps before their form will be issued.
- Complete the South Suburban College Admissions Application . With a target date of Fall 2011, the SSC Admissions Application will only be available for submission through our website www.ssc.edu. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at (708) 210-5718.
- Submit an official high school or High School Equivalency (HSE) transcript to the Admissions Department. If applicable, submit official transcripts from other colleges or universities.
- Complete the college Placement test in reading, English and mathematics. Schedule an appointment with a counselor by calling (708) 596-2000, ext. 2306, if you believe you may be eligible for an exemption from testing based upon prior college degrees, credits or placement testing that can be verified by transcripts or student advising reports.
- If the Placement test indicates the need for developmental coursework, the required developmental courses must be completed at South Suburban College before any cooperative agreement will be authorized.
- If prerequisite courses are required to apply for admission to the career program the student is seeking to enroll in, the student will be required to complete those prerequisite courses at South Suburban College.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 as measured at the end of the spring semester.
Following the satisfactory completion of the requirements listed above, a Cooperative agreement or Chargeback will be issued. The student will be required to provide proof of identification and current residency. Only students in good academic and financial standing will receive approval. Completed forms will be returned by mail to the student’s home address.