Human Resource Services
At the University of Florida, Human Resource Services is dedicated to offering programs and services that recruit, retain, and develop world-class faculty and staff. Our organizational development (OD) services focus on developing organizations and teams. From strategic planning to managerial coaching, retreat facilitation, and leadership training, our services are delivered by experienced OD practitioners who are dedicated to UF’s success.
Clarify strategic purpose, team values, goals, and action items to help move your team forward
One-on-one sessions designed to help individuals gain new skills and overcome obstacles that stand in the way of a team’s progress. Can be complemented by our UF Leader 360 process.
Tools such as interviews, surveys, and assessments (MBTI, LPI, DiSC, and others) to identify key issues and opportunities for improving your organization’s (team/unit/department) effectiveness.
- Leadership/management competency model—Based on interviews and focus groups of effective leaders and managers at UF, this model forms a framework that describes the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed to be an excellent leader at UF.
- “Great Leaders, Great Teams, Great Results,” a multi-day session for leaders based on the work of Steven Covey, Ram Charan, Jack Welch, and others. Includes a 360-degree assessment for participants. Can be tailored for a department or college’s specific needs, including alignment with the university’s leadership/management competency model.
- "Leadership Foundation,” a one-day workshop that focuses on principles of leadership excellence.
- Advanced Leadership for Academics and Professionals —Year-long program available for existing UF leaders as a way for them to further develop their leadership skills. Participants are selected via a competitive applicant process.
- UF Academy—Year-long program designed for emerging leaders at UF. Emphasizes exposure to the university community. Participants are selected via a competitive applicant process.
- Managers Only Cohort— Managers have an opportunity to complete the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” certificate with a cohort of peers over the course of the fall and spring academic semesters. Participating in the cohort can provide managers with a forum in which to discuss issues related to leadership and management with like-minded leaders on campus. As part of this program, each participant engages in a 360-degree evaluation process (pre- and post-) to help direct their professional development. Participants are selected on a first-come, first served basis in the fall of each year.
- Designed to provide leaders with insight into skills and behaviors needed to be effective leaders and based on the UF leadership/management model, this 360-degree evaluation will provide feedback from the leader’s manager, peers, staff members, and others (identified by participant). A small fee applies ($75) unless completed as part of the Managers Only Cohort.
From planning through facilitation, we can assist you in focusing your efforts to maximize results. Retreats include design and facilitation, summary documents and follow-up meetings.
Identify core competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) or critical functions in your organization--useful in hiring, performance management, and training.
Design a change management and implementation plan to adjust to the specific changes in your organization while exploring our culture of constant change at UF.
Retreat and Meeting Facilitation
- typically $500 - $2,000, depending on the service
Training & Organizational Development has worked with all levels and sizes of academic and administrative units across campus, ranging from IFAS to Fine Arts to the Health Sciences, since 2005. All services are customized to meet the specific needs of the organization. If you are interested in a detailed client list, more information, or to schedule an OD program or service, please contact:
Bob Parks, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, Training and Development
Human Resource Services