The Faculty Resource Center provides faculty development and support for instructional technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Students and faculty can begin downloading Blackboard content in preparation for the implementation of the LMS Course Retention Policy.
- Guidelines for instructors who have note takers for students registered with the Office of Disability Services http://ods.ua.edu/notes/
- Advice from OIT about using the campus wireless system
- UA Box-A file sharing resource!
- Instructors with students registered with ODS who request a peer note taker can contact the FRC for help setting up UA Box folders for class notes.
- Download site for UA version of Respondus LockDown Browser: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/installinfo.pl?ID=594613873
- From the UA faculty and staff Dialog publication: 10 Things to Know about the FRC
- Tegrity recordings made more than 2 years ago are subject to deletion from the Tegrity system. Tegrity Content Retention Policy
- Blackboard Midterm and Final grades can be imported into myBama.
- Learn about using Blackboard.
- Wondering how to access Blackboard? Go to http://ualearn.blackboard.com or click on the Bb icon in myBama.
- Workshop information
- Call 205-348-3532 for an appointment to learn how to use instructional technologies or solve a problem.
Instructional Technologies Include:
- Learning Management System-Blackboard
- Lecture Capture-Tegrity
- Web Conferencing-Blackboard Collaborate
- Clicker Polling-TurningPoint
- Plagiarism Prevention and Online Paper Grading-Turnitin
- Exam Security-Respondus LockDown Browser
- Test Format Conversion and Management-Respondus Campus-wide
- Messaging-Blackboard IM
- Communications-Blackboard Voice Tools
- Secure File Sharing-UA+Box
The Faculty Resource Center is located in Gordon Palmer Hall on Hackberry Lane. The easiest access is through the glass doors facing the large parking lot and the round biology building. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor and look for room A203 through the glass doors to your left. Many of the FRC workshops are held in room A232 Gordon Palmer. Directions to our workshop location (video).