The Faculty Resource Center provides faculty development and support for instructional technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Blackboard will be unavailable on Sunday, April 20th from 2:00-6:00 AM due to required maintenance.
- New: UA Box-A file sharing resource!
- Attend or present at the UA System Scholars Institute
- The 2014 Faculty Technology Showcase held on Feb. 21st in 1008 Capstone College of Nursing Building was a big success. Many thanks to our presenters!
- Download site for UA version of Respondus LockDown Browser: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/installinfo.pl?ID=594613873
- From the UA faculty and staff Dialog publication: 10 Things to Know about the FRC
- Tegrity recordings made more than 2 years ago are subject to deletion from the Tegrity system. Tegrity Content Retention Policy
- Blackboard Midterm and Final grades can be imported into myBama.
- Clicker update stations are available in the FRC, in Gorgas and Rogers libraries, and at the SUPe store locations in the Ferguson Center and Tutwiler Hall.
- Students can update their clicker devices using a mini USB cable and Windows software.
- Learn about using Blackboard.
- Wondering how to access Blackboard? Go to http://ualearn.blackboard.com.
- Workshop information
- Call 205-348-3532 for an appointment to learn how to use instructional technologies or solve a problem.
Instructional Technologies Include:
- Learning Management System-Blackboard
- Lecture Capture-Tegrity
- Web Conferencing-Blackboard Collaborate
- Clicker Polling-TurningPoint
- Plagiarism Prevention and Online Paper Grading-Turnitin
- Exam Security-Respondus LockDown Browser
- Test Format Conversion and Management-Respondus Campus-wide
- Messaging-Blackboard IM
- Communications-Blackboard Voice Tools
- Secure File Sharing-UA+Box
- Test Item Analysis-EAC Visual Data
The Faculty Resource Center is located in Gordon Palmer Hall on Hackberry Lane. The easiest access is through the glass doors facing the large parking lot and the round biology building. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor and look for room A203 through the glass doors to your left. Many of the FRC workshops are held in room A232 Gordon Palmer. Directions to our workshop location (video).
Contact the Faculty Resource Center staff at 205-348-3532 or email@example.com .