The clear benefits of transparency.
Nothing strengthens credibility, increases public trust, or improves relationships like fostering an environment of transparency. That's why we created our Glasspockets web portal — so you can assess and improve on your level of transparency. Specifically:
- Use our "Who Has Glass Pockets?" checklist: It's an effective way to benchmark transparency and accountability practices, compare policies with those of your peers, and submit your profile for sharing online.
- Keep up with our "Transparency Talk" blog: It's filled with insights and best practices from other foundations and experts in the field.
- Link directly from our "Transparency Heat Map": See real-life examples of what foundations are sharing online.
- Learn how your peers are using social networks and digital media to advance their work with Transparency 2.0.
- Explore in-depth profiles and trends in our special section: "Eye on the Giving Pledge."
- See the national and global reach of foundations who are sharing grantmaking data through the Reporting Commitment.