- Synbiota biohacking kits let you do genetic engineering at home
- 2015-2016 Queen’s School of Computing Newsletter is Unveiled!
- School Alum Mark Stavely to speak….
- Two School of Computing Courses received accreditation – reviewed by the (CIPS)!
- Dr. Qingling Duan in the News!
- Wendy Powley is in the news!
- Congratulations to Dr. Hossam Hassanein!
- Wendy Powley (Queen’s School of Computing) has been appointed as Chair of the ACM-W Celebrations of Women in Computing
Monthly Archives: June 2011
On June 1, the Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State (Science and Technology), announced at Queen’s University that the Government of Canada will invest $29.6 million this year through the CREATE Program to help young scientists and engineers acquire the … Continue reading
Dear all, The Queen’s School of Computing is again in the news today. Please read about David’s exciting new project on digitizing dinosaur bones: http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3176683 Selim
Researchers studying the online habits of terrorists, hate groups and young people are advocating calm in the face of a recently released RCMP report. RCMP Sgt. Marc LaPorte said that al-Qaida groups, their Somali affiliates, al-Shabaab, and others are “actively … Continue reading
Dear all, Yesterday was the deadline for Ontario high-school students to choose a university for September 2011. Students from the rest of Canada can still select an Ontario university past the deadline. As of today, the number of applicants who … Continue reading
The “Queen’s School of Computing” group on LinkedIn has reached 120 members – can we make it 220?
Dear all, The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada announced yesterday the award of a CREATE grant to the Queen’s School of Computing. This funding is to establish a new QSC graduate program for the training of professionals … Continue reading