The Accessibility Extension does not provide automated evaluation of the rules 4, 5, 6 and 7.
|no.||FAE 2007||FAE 2008||Description|
Heading elements that follow the last
All subheadings (
Text Content includes
The text content of headings of the same level within the same section should be unique.
The text content of an subheading element (
The text content of headings should be concise (less than 65 characters).
Additional rules on subheadings can be found at:
- This list itemizes all header elements as well as elements with appropriately defined
- Selecting an item in the list, by clicking on the item or by using the arrow keys, highlights the corresponding heading in the browser.
- Selecting an item with pink background, by clicking on the item or by using the arrow keys, displays failure statement in the Accessibility Information area.
Level - A
h1element has a level of 1,
h3element 3, and so on. This entry is left blank for non-header elements in the list.
Role - The
roleattribute for element with appropriately defined
roleattribute is displayed. This entry is left blank for a header element without defined
- Text - The text content of header element or the text content of the element with appropriately defined role attribute is displayed.
Order (hidden) - The sequence in which the items appear on the page is displayed.
h6elements are first in the list, in the sequence in which the items appear on the page, followed by non-header elements that have appropriately defined
roleattributes, in the sequence in which they appear on the page.
- Level - A
- Fail: The page should contain no more than two h1 elements.
- Fail: Heading elements (h1..h6) should be used for structuring information on the page.
- Fail: Heading elements that follow the last h1 should be properly nested.
- View Summary - opens a new browser window and displays the contents of the dialog box in the new browser window, allowing the user to see/print the entire data set.
- Sort by Document Order - contains the same functionionality as clicking the Order column heading; it will toggle the order of display of the content of the list between ascending and descending order of appearance on the page.
- Move To - closes the dialog box, and shows in the browser the heading that corresponds to the selected item.
- Close Window - closes the dialog box.
HTML Markup Details
h2-h6elements should identify major and minor sections of the web resource.
- Headings should be properly nested following the heading levels represented by the numerical values of the heading elements.
h2should be used as sub-heading after a
h3should be used as sub-heading after a
h4should be used as sub-heading after a
h5should be used as sub-heading after a
h6should be used as sub-heading after a