CCNY Libraries Digital Archives & Collections

The Campus

The first editorial board of The Campus launched a new weekly publication to cover the current events of The City College on September 30, 1907. This first issue coincided with the first semester that the student body attended classes in the new buildings of the St. Nicholas Heights campus.

The Campus reports current events taking place within the City College community. Founded during a period of greater academic freedom during the administration of City College President John H. Finley, this weekly journal of news and comment added a humor column and a sports section in 1914.

Generations of City College students have edited and written for The Campus. Some of them remember the two rooms in Harris Hall with a single typewriter that the staff shared in order to compose their stories. Current staffers meet in room 1-119 North Academic Center, but they still conduct meetings that go late into the night in order to produce an issue. On October 26, 2005, The Campus entered the electronic age with the debut of that issue at www.ccnycampus.com.

This collection covers all issues of The Campus from 1907 through 1981.

The Campus

CCNY CCNY                         Copyright © 2014 Digital Archives - All Rights Reserved - CCNY Libraries                    
CUNY CUNY    
Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum

Text Only Options

Top of page


Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.