INDEPENDENT RESEARCH REGISTRATION
1. Determine the course you need to enroll in. If this is your first time registering for Independent Research for credit - register for BIOL 4911. After the first term: 2nd term - BIOL 4912 3rd term - BIOL 4913 4th term - BIOL 4914 5th term - BIOL 4915 6th term - BIOL 4916 7th term - BIOL 4917 8th term - BIOL 4918
2. Determine the section of the course you will enroll in. If your mentor is NOT a Biology faculty member, you will ened to register under the section for "Robert Kretsinger." If your mentor IS in the Department of Biology, choose the section number under that faculty member's name.
3. Students with Non-Biology Mentors should ask their mentors to email Robert Kretsinger and ask for approval of your participation in Independent Research in their lab.
4. Log into the Student Information System (SIS) and enroll in your desired independent research course. If it’s your second semester of Biology Enter justification and click ok/apply. This will add you to the selected instructor's permission list. If the instructor chooses to grant you permission to the course, they will invite you to the class. The invitation will be sent via email and you will then be able to enroll in the class through SIS. Please note: If, after adding Independent Research, the total credits enrolled in for the semester are over the College maximum credit load (17), students will need to complete a course action form and submit it to the to the College Registrar with a College Permission to exceed form.
INDEPENDENT RESEARCH INFORMATION
- Your Relationship with Your Mentor under construction