For information about test scores and required materials you must submit to be considered for admission, visit the Graduate Degree Admissions Information page. You may also want to peruse " frequently asked questions from prospective graduate students."
Application due dates:
- on-Grounds Ed.D. and Ph.D.: December 15
- on-Grounds M.Ed. and Ed.S.: See Areas of Study for application due dates.
- off-Grounds certificate, M.Ed. and Ed.S. programs: (spring admission-- October 15), (summer admission-- February 1), (fall admission-- June 1)
All application materials must be submitted by the application deadline. Be sure to monitor our receipt of materials through the application website. Once you receive official scores, scan a copy and email them to Ms. Palmore (firstname.lastname@example.org), as this will help us locate your official scores quickly.
Our new application allows you to upload unofficial transcripts! Even though your application will show as "incomplete," rest assured that we will route it to faculty manually. You will not need to provide official transcripts until admitted. This feature will allow us to prepare your materials more quickly for faculty review.
If you are unable to upload unofficial transcripts, you can mail transcripts to the address below. Be sure to put all transcripts in a single envelope.
Curry School of Education
Office of Admission
417 Emmet St. South
Charlottesville, VA 22903
1. A Special Education certificate program leading to initial licensure is offered at the Northern Virginia Center.
2. An endorsement-only certificate program in Administration & Supervision is offered on Grounds and at multiple centers around the Commonwealth of Virginia.
3. A Reading Specialist Certificate is offered on Grounds and across the Commonwealth.
4. An Adolescent Literacy Certificate is also available at multiple sites.
Click on the links above to view information about the programs and requirements for admission. Those applying to the Special Education program, for example, must submit test scores.
Your application, including recommendations and test scores (if required) are due:
- October 15 (spring entry to on/off-Grounds programs),
- February 1 (summer or fall entry to on-Grounds programs; summer entry for off-Grounds programs)
- June 1 (fall entry to off-Grounds programs).
Note: When listing schools you have attended, please do not list a school if the courses taken there show as transfer credits on your undergraduate or graduate transcript. You may apply up to 6 credits from the endorsement/licensure certificate programs toward a degree.
General Professional Development: Non-degree Studies
Click on the "non-degree" link above for next steps in registering for Curry courses offered on or off Grounds.
To view other resources for K-12 educators, take a look at conferences & workshops.