Graphical Version

university of virginia school of engineering & applied science    

cgep homepage

UVA Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program

CGEP 30th Anniversary
1983 - 2013

30th Anniversary Newsletter
In the News
U.Va. Engineers PRODUCED in Virginia

Current Students:
Academic Calendar
The Honor System
Library Services (SCPS)
Library Services (SEAS)
SIS (Student Information System)
Transcript Requests (UREG)

Technical Support for Current Online Classes

Prospective Students:
How to Apply

Additional Programs:
U.Va. Engineers PRODUCED in Virginia
National Institute of Aerospace (NIA)
Community Scholar Program (SCPS)

Facebook   LinkedIn

There are several forms that are required for the graduate degree programs, and an online application for graduation. All UVa Engineering graduate student forms are found here. The first two forms listed below should be submitted to your Degree Program department. See list of Program Advisors and Graduate Administrators.

Master's Degree Plan of Study

The Plan of Study should be submitted to your department soon after being accepted into a degree program.  You may confer with your advisor and refer to the Long Range Plan of courses to determine which courses you plan to take/have taken.  This Plan may be changed at any time during your studies, but has to be up to date prior to graduating.  Only courses on an approved Plan of Study will be accepted toward the Master of Engineering degree.   See additional information pertaining to requirements for the ME Degree as published in the Graduate Record.

Request Approval of Transfer Credits

The Request Approval of Transfer Credits form is required to transfer courses taken at other universities to your UVA transcript.  A transcript containing the course(s) to be transferred must be submitted along with the form.  Courses taken from CGEP institutions can be transferred in if a C or better. These courses are manually figured in the GPA. Courses taken from non-CGEP institutions must be a B or better. The credits count towards total credits, but the grades are not computed in the GPA. Courses should have been pre-approved by your CGEP advisor and should be on your Plan of Study form. Submit to: University of Virginia; Engineering School; Graduate Studies Office; Attn: Barbara Graves; P.O. Box 400242; Charlottesville, VA 22904-4242.

Assessment Forms

All students completing the Master of Engineering degree must have three outcome assessments completed before they finish the program.        

Engineering Analysis Assessment
Engineering Design Assessment
Engineering Plan of Study Assessment

Applying for Graduation

You will apply for graduation on-line through your SIS account. See Instructions.

February 1 for May graduation
June 1 for August graduation
October 1 for December graduation

Note:  If you are not registered for a course at UVA during your final semester, you will need to be registered as a non-resident for that semester.  Contact the Graduate Studies office for assistance - 434-924-3897.

The Director for CGEP, James F.Groves,, or 434-924-6261) is your point of contact and will provide guidance as to how to complete these forms. Or, you can ask your CGEP advisor for assistance.

The forms should be submitted to your CGEP Advisor or the department Graduate Administrator -


Mail comments to:

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.