Jeffrey E. Sands
Associate Dean of Development and
Vice President for Development
School of Engineering and Applied Science
The mission of the School of Engineering and Applied Science is to achieve international prominence as a student-focused school that educates men and women to be leaders in technology and society and that contributes to the well-being of our citizens through the creation and transfer of knowledge.
Short Takes from the Grounds
Dean Jim Aylor speaks on the engineering school's #1 priority of retaining and supporting U.Va. faculty.
This content requires Flash Version 8 or later.
Please upgrade your current plugin to view.
Campaign Goals and Priorities
* Also see Capital Projects for Engineering
- Wilsdorf Hall – $5 million
- Information Technology Research Building – $10 million
- Instruction/Research Enhancement – $10 million
- Educational Program Support – $15 million
- Engineers PRODUCED in Virginia - $5 million
- Faculty Recruitment/Retention – $25 million
- Ph.D. Graduate Fellowships – $25 million
- Academic Programs Departmental Endowments & Support - $55 million
School of Engineering and Applied Science Endowments: Minimum Funding Levels
- $250,000 – Endowed Rodman Scholarship
- $1 million – Endowed Graduate Fellowship
- $3 million – Endowed Professorship
- $5 million – Endowed Deanship
- $50,000 to $5 million – Naming Opportunities in Buildings