March 17, 2010 in Uncategorized
You can further customize your ePortfolio by using WordPress plugins. Some of these will add more functionality to your dashboard. Others can change the ways your readers interact with your ePortfolio.
- BuddyPress My Friend Widgets. Allows you to see your friends on your ePortfolio.
Video Widget. Adds video (from YouTube, etc.) to the sidebar of your ePortfolio.
Comment Rating. Lets your readers rate the comments posted on your ePortfolio.
- My Page Order. If you activate this plugin, you’ll be able to choose the order of your Pages.
- Flash Gallery. Turns your regular photo gallery into a slideshow.
- BuddyPress Like. Similar to “like” in Facebook.
To use these plugins, you first have to activate them for your own ePortfolio. To do this:
- Go to your dashboard
- Scroll down to click the menu item Plugins (on the left-hand side of the screen)
- On the next page, you can click “Activate” under each plugin you’d like to use
- OR you can check the box next to several, select “Activate” from the drop-down menu, and click “Apply”