You’ve reached The University of Alabama’s Department of Art and Art History in the College of Arts and Sciences. Here you’ll find information on our programs, people, and events. To reach us, click Contact Us. Our main office is located in 103 Garland Hall, in the heart of campus, and is open 8:00 am to 4:45 pm Monday through Friday. More about us…
Professor Emeritus Al Sella died Monday, April 8. Our condolences go out to his entire family.
Check out all our current and upcoming exhibitions on our CALENDAR!
- BFA Juried Exhibition 2013
- Then and Now: Japanese Prints
- Honors Day 2013
- 2013 Windgate Fellows Exhibition
- REACT: Advanced Printmaking and the PRJ Collection
- Call & Response: Advanced Photography and the PRJ Collection
- 18th Annual Graduate Student Symposium in Art History
- AMALGAM: Anne Herbert and Darius Hill
- Undergraduate Juried Exhibition 2013
- UA Art at the 2012 Kentuck Festival
- Signs of Life: Claire Lewis Evans & the Bamboo Park
- Thornton Willis: Structural Abstraction (SMGA)
- You Can’t Hold Water: Works by Graduate Studio Artists
- Catch and Release: Brian Novatny in the Sarah Moody Gallery of Art
- Tension and Release: Painting & Drawings by Micah Craft (BFA 2012)
BFA major JEREMY K. DAVIS in the News! Tuscaloosa News Photo Gallery of Jeremy working on the Saban Statue. If you want to read the media reports on the Saban statue, here’s a compendium of links.
Check out Creative Campus’ GUIDE TO ARTS PARTICIPATION
Need help finding images? Go to the Image Resource Center page for links and more information, including help using ARTstor. ARTstor is a digital library of nearly one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences with a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes. It is now accessible on the database tab at Gorgas Library’s databases page. Also on the UA Library’s database page are links to a Help page and short tutorials on ARTstor.