1. New and replacement IT equipment is purchased from a unit’s own budget. The AP-IT budget does not provide funding for IT equipment or software located in units receiving limited support. These include:
- Academic Advising Center (AAC)
- Distance & Continuing Education—certain offices and functions:
- Enrollment Services
- Executive Education
- Flexible Learning
- TREEO Center
- Graduate School
- Institutional Planning & Research, Office of (OIPR)
- Internal Audit, Office of (OIA)
- Latin American Studies
- Performing Arts
- Undergraduate Affairs, Office of—certain offices and functions:
- HHMI – Science for Life
- McNair – Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program
- ROTC – Reserve Officers Training Corp
- University Scholars Programs
2. AP-IT is available for consultation on options and costs, and will provide quotes as requested. AP-IT should be alerted when new equipment is ordered, so that setup and installation can be scheduled. When an individual requests licensed (purchased) software to be installed on their computer, the license number must be provided as proof of purchase. AP-IT will schedule the software for overnight installation (when possible), or install it at a time convenient to the user. More information on ordering software licenses is available at UF’s Software Licensing Services.
3. Standardization of IT equipment (hardware and/or software) promotes support efficiency. Any supported unit opting for non-standard equipment must inform AP-IT to determine supportability.
4. Units should follow their internal purchase procedures to order and pay for IT related equipment and software.