The UF Quick Registration system, aka "QuickReg", is an automated online application that allows potential students to enroll in non-college credit activities at any time, day or night, and immediately be granted access to their online materials.
The QuickReg enrollment process steps students through:
- registration, with name, date of birth, and email as the minimum information needed,
- verification of their email address,
- creation of their GatorLink ID,
- payment of any fees via IPay, and
- automatic enrollment in and access to a Sakai-based course or activity.
Only non-college credit activities may use QuickReg for registration, as college credit courses require admission to the University and enrollments must be tracked through the Registrar's Office.
At any time day or night, a prospective student may decide to register for an activity, pay with a credit card (if there is a fee), create their GatorLink ID and access their online materials in Sakai within 5 minutes.
- Available for enrollment in non-college credit activities in UF's e-Learning system (Sakai)
- Activities do not have to be a full "course"; for example, the Sakai site could be used for electronic distribution of materials to students, online quizzes, or distribution of final grades.
- Activities may be offered for free or require a fee
- Activities may be rolling enrollment or cohort-based learning
- Rolling enrollment—students have access to the materials in Sakai as soon as they register and pay
- Cohort-based training—using Sakai's "Open Date" feature, course materials are not released until the appropriate time and day
- Anyone may sign up for an activity (the identities of prospective students are not known in advanced)
- Activities may be hidden—marked as "private"—so that the link to the registration page is only available to individuals who receive the link via email or other communication route.
- Sakai "project" or "course" sites may use QuickReg for enrollment
- Course sites need to be created by a Sakai administrator, and have the same tools as a college-credit course using Sakai.
- Project sites may be created by anyone with a GatorLink account, but have a smaller available tool set than course sites.
- Different fees may be charged for different types of students, even if they are participating in the same Sakai course or project site.
Once someone is granted administrative access to a particular program area in QuickReg, they can create registrations for different activities within that program at any time.
The one caveat is that UF Sakai Administrators must grant enrollment rights to QuickReg *per Sakai Site ID*, which is currently a manual process.
Please see the QuickReg Setup page for a detailed explanation on gaining administrative access and setting up registrations in QuickReg.
The answers to frequently asked questions are available on the QuickReg FAQ page.
Background and technical information is available on the QuickReg Tech Details page.
The live QuickReg application for student registration and UF employee administration of sections and activities is available at: https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg , with the " All Activities" page showing the sections that are publicly available and currently accepting registrations.
Please refer to the QuickReg information pages listed in the left-hand navigation menu for more information.