Interlibrary Loans/Direct Borrowing
What is An Interlibrary Loan?
An Interlibrary loan is a request to borrow books or magazine/journal articles from libraries outside of Algonquin. An Interlibrary loan normally takes 2 weeks from the date of confirmation of your request.
Who May Use This Service
This service is available to Algonquin students, faculty and staff only and your library record must be clear of fines and overdue material. Patrons must send their requests via their respective campus library.
How do I Request an Interlibrary Loan Item Online?
To request an interlibrary loan from the Woodroffe campus click here.
Send an email to the following addresses in order to request Interlibrary Loan Items.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Student/Staff Number
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Indicate if you are Staff or Student
- Title of Book or Article
- Call Number (if a book)
- Edition (if a book)
- Pages Needed
- Publication Date
- What Library Has This Item?
Who Can I Call If I Have Further Questions?
- Woodroffe: firstname.lastname@example.org, (613) 727-4723 ext. 5282
- Pembroke: email@example.com, (613) 735-4700 ext. 2707
- Perth: firstname.lastname@example.org, (613) 267-2859 ext. 5607
Do We Have Special Borrowing Agreements With Other Libraries?
Special Agreements Allow Students To Borrow Directly From Other Libraries in the Ottawa area.
The National Capital Sm@rtLibrary lending partners include:
- University of Ottawa
- Carleton University
- Ottawa Public Library
- Dominican College University
To borrow from any of these libraries please obtain a Sm@rtLibrary membership card at your campus library desk. you must show this card and your Algonquin student card to the relevant library's desk when borrowing the first time. Any materials borrowed from these libraries should be returned directly to the lending library on the indicated due date. You can search all member libraries through the Smartlibrary Catalogue.
Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI)
- Current Museum students, who have first signed a library interlibrary loan agreement at the Algonquin library, are permitted to borrow directly from CCI. An appointment is required for each visit. Students in other programs should apply for an inter-library loan with their campus library. Items borrowed may be returned to the Algonquin LRC or to the CCI Library directly.
- The CCI Library is open to the public only by appointment.
Special Agreements Allow Students To Borrow Directly From Other Ontario Community Colleges
- All 24 Ontario colleges now participate in a Direct Borrowing program. Students and staff of these Colleges may borrow materials on location at any college library. Each individual library's policies may vary slightly from that of the home library, please make yourself aware of these differences by visiting the website or contacting ahead of time the library you hope to visit. Proper identification will be required, please make sure you have your student ID in order to be recognized as a partner under this special agreement.